Either party can petition the court to modify child support.  In order to modify child support, the party filing the motion must show a substantial change of circumstances since the last child support award.  The following could be a basis for a modification of child support:

  1. Change in income, 
  2. Change in parenting schedule, 
  3. Change in cost of health care insurance,
  4. Change in cost of day care expenses, and 
  5. Other changes that the court may find relevant.

If you believe that you have a basis for modifying child support, please contact our office to discuss your options.